So, you’re thinking about taking the family to a farm or petting zoo near Columbia, SC for a fun day spending some time with all kinds of farm animals. It’s hard to resist a photo of your child petting or interacting with a cute animal at a farm or petting zoo.
But, you’re not sure which farm to visit, or, you might be thinking “are there any petting zoos near me?”
We’re here to tell you “Yes!” There are quite a few petting zoos and farms to visit! We’ve pulled together a huge list of petting zoos and farms where you can interact with animals.
Is There a Petting Zoo Near Me?
Yes, there probably is a petting zoo on this list near you! In Columbia, SC there are more than 7 awesome petting zoos, and there are a few great options with just a short drive.
Petting Zoos Near Columbia, SC
Goat Daddy’s Farm
Pet, feed, and learn about animals at Goat Daddy’s Farm. We would suggest setting aside at least 1 to 2 hours of your day in order to get the full Goat Daddy’s experience! There is so much to see and learn and even some opportunities for hands-on experiences!
- In Elgin, SC
- The farm is open to the public every Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Admission: Age 2 and under- free, Under 12 – $5, Over 12- $10. Prices subject to changes.
Farm events, tot times, homeschool events, and lots more opportunities to interact with farm animals is what you’ll find at the family-owned Crosswind Farm.
- In Holly Hill, about one hour from Columbia, SC
- Not open daily, only open for scheduled events like toddler time on Tuesdays.
- Visit the Crosswind Farm Facebook page to find upcoming opportunities to visit the farm.
Kidding Around Review of Crosswind Farm
799 Target Road, Holly Hill, SC 29059
Little Creek Farm
Schedule a tour to visit Little Creek Farm and your family will get to meets ducks, sheep, goats, pigs, an emu, and so much more! Your crew will get to help on the farm, feed animals, brush a horse, and of course, pet the animals. One hour tours are just $50 for up to 5 people and $10 per additional person.
- In Lexington, SC
- Not open daily, schedule a tour
- Lots of opportunities to interact with animals and learn about farm life
Open most Saturdays by appointment, Fox Farm offers opportunities to pet horses, feed goats, enjoy a hayride, pony rides, and lots more.
- In Lexington, SC
- Make an appointment in advance
Much more than a petting zoo, this huge zoo has not only animals but a ropes course, gardens, a carousel and climbing wall, and outdoor playgrounds. As far as the animal encounters and petting zoo components, you can feed the giraffes and lorikeets and pet animals in the farmyard all for a small fee, around $2 for each cup of feed or per person.
- In Columbia, SC
- Hours: 9 am – 5 pm daily, closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Admission: $24.99/adults, $21.99/kids ages 2-12
- Parking: $5 per vehicle
- Animals: The ones you can interact with are the giraffes, goats, sheep, and lorikeets.
Two Girls and A Farm
This mobile petting zoo with bring all the cute, fussy animals to you! They do all types of events, including birthday parties, church events, and more!
- Services Lexington, Columbia, and the surrounding area
- Regularly found at local events
- Animals: goats, bottle-fed goats, pigs, chickens
Cotton Branch Farms
A rescue farm, Cotton Branch Farm Animal Sanctuary offers tours for visitors that include interaction with the animals.
- In Leesville, SC
- Hours: Tours begin at 11 am on select dates and last approximately 90 minutes. Guests are asked to sign-up for tours in advance.
- Admission: $30/adults, $15/kids ages 15 and under
- Animals: Pigs, cows, donkeys, horses, chickens, turkeys, ducks, sheep, and goats.
328 Lightwood Knot Road, Leesville | 803.381.0051 | Cotton Branch Farms
Eudora Farms is most known for its drive-thru safari. They also have a section of their zoo where you can walk through exhibits and pet some of the animals.
- In Salley, SC
- Animal safari and petting zoo with opportuniteis to feed animals
- $18-$45 per car depending on the number of people
Mobile Petting Zoos Near Columbia, SC
Odom’s Mobile Petting Zoo
Odom’s Mobile Petting Zoo brings the animals to you for birthday parties and other events.
Petting Zoos Near Charleston, SC
Bee City Zoo
Bee City Zoo in Summerville, SC offers so many opportunities to learn about and interact with animals. Pet a giraffe, hang out with kangaroos, feed a monkey, learn about bees and so much more!
- In Summerville, SC
- Lots of opportunies to interact with animals
- Open Wednesday and Thursday from 9 am to 5 pm, Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 6 pm and Sunday 11 am to 6 pm
- Tickets cost $15-17 per person
Petting Zoos Near Charlotte, NC
Lazy 5 Ranch
Just outside of Charlotte, this farm has lots of animals to see and pet, plus it offers wagon rides. Please note they only accept cash.
- In Mooresville, NC
- Hours: Hours are Monday- Saturday from 9 am – 5 pm (please arrive by 5 pm) Sunday from Noon- 5 pm (please arrive by 4 pm).
- Admission: $15/adults, $11/ages 2-11; to include the wagon ride and animal feed, tickets are $21/adults, $15/ages 2-11.
- Animals: Ducks, cows, sheep, goats, deer, exotic animals
15100 Mooresville Road, Mooresville, NC | 704.663.5100 | Lazy 5 Ranch
Which is your favorite petting zoo?
Want more farms? Here you go!
Plan a petting zoo day trip!
Need more outdoor fun?