Searching for “school uniforms near me”? If you have a child attending a school that requires school uniforms, finding the best school uniforms can be frustrating and time-consuming. We’re always aiming to help you save time, so we’ve rounded up a list of places to find school uniforms, including a list of where to find school uniforms with specific features such as adjustable waists or uniforms for taller kids.
We’re answering questions about school uniforms like:
- Which school uniforms have adjustable waists?
- Where can I buy sensory-friendly school uniforms?
- What are the best school uniforms for tall kids?
- What are the most comfortable school uniforms?
- Where can I find school uniform deals?
Whether you need a black, blue, pink, or red shirt and navy or khaki bottoms, we’ve got you covered. Luckily, there are plenty of places in Greenville and Spartanburg where you can buy school uniforms. And, of course, you can always buy them online.
Where to find Great Deals on School Uniforms
We asked our readers where they’re finding great deals on school uniforms near Greenville and Spartanburg. Here are some of the top places they suggested:
At children’s place, have them ship it to the store for pick up and you save another 10%Jessica M.
- Aeropostale (Girls & Boys)
- Children’s Place
- Land’s End
- Old Navy (Girls & Boys)
- Once Upon a Child
Local stores in Upstate, SC with school uniforms
Where to Find School Uniforms with Specific Features
We also polled our readers, asking where they find the best school uniforms with some very specific features. Here’s what they said:
Old Navy, Children’s Place, and Walmart have adjustable waists and I feel are the most true to size-slightly above that, which is nice because they leave room for growth spurts during the school yearMegan R.
- Best places to get school uniforms with adjustable waists: Gap (Girls & Boys), Abercrombie (Girls & Boys), Land’s End, Children’s Place, Target, Old Navy (Girls & Boys)
- Where to go for school uniform skorts: Nautica
- Best school uniform pants for tall girls: Ralph Lauren Polo
- Who has the most comfortable school uniform tops?: Children’s Place
Who has Sensory-Friendly School Uniforms?
Gap and Abercrombie Kids are great. Adjustable and slim sizes available. I buy when they are on sale and 40% off.Natutica has a great skort for girls. And I buy from Amazon. No tags and great fabric. My daughter has Autism.Candace E.
- Who has sensory-friendly uniforms with no tags? Nautica offers sensory-friendly pieces with no tags. You can buy Nautica sensory-friendly uniform pieces on Amazon This is an Amazon affiliate link.
- Target’s Cat & Jack brand offers affordable uniforms with comfortable, pull-on knit waistbands.
Tips When Buying School Uniforms
We asked our readers for tips on selecting school uniforms. Here are some of the great points and ideas they shared.
- Consider ordering a size up so your child can grow into the clothing throughout the school year.
- Check pants for reinforced knees. This helps make the pants more resilient which means longer-lasting wear.
- Choose darker colors over lighter colors when you’re able. We all know those clothes will get stains on them.
- Target has a great return policy if something doesn’t work out or fit well.
- Check Children’s Place for bulk packs.
- Look for crease-resistant fabrics. Less ironing for you!
- Stain-resistant shirts are game-changers.
- Scout local consignment shops for second-hand school uniforms. Here are some of our readers’ favorite local kids consignment shops in Greenville.
- Don’t forget to check with your school’s PE rules. Your child may need a change of clothes for PE class.
- If your child has sensory issues or disorders, look for clothing with adjustable waists, no labels, and no zippers or buttons.
My son has a sensory disorder and we have had great luck with target (cat and Jack).Mary Beth L.F.
What are some of your top tips or places to find great deals on school uniforms?
Get ready for back-to-school with Kidding Around’s Ultimate Back to School Guide.