Do you have an old car seat to trade in? If you’ve got an old car seat around collecting dust, you can trade it in at Target or Wal-Mart for coupons or gift cards. Read on to learn how these programs work. The next Target car-seat trade-in event is coming up April 2024.
Make sure that car seat is installed correctly! Visit these Greenville, SC car seat inspection locations, Spartanburg, SC car seat inspection locations, and Columbia, SC places to have a car seat inspected.
Target Car Seat Trade-In: April 2024
Target is skipping the annual September 2023 car seat trade-in event and the next one will be April 2024. During that time, you can earn a 20% coupon from Target towards a new car seat, stroller, or select baby gear when you trade in an old car seat or base. Even if you don’t need new baby gear, having a coupon to put towards new baby gear for a new mom or a family in need would be pretty awesome. The coupons will only be given through the ◎circle™ Target app. Target recycles the old car seats and gear, having already recycled more than 22.2 million pounds so far.
Your 20% off coupon from Target usually needs to be redeemed within the month following the trade-in event.
Here’s how it works:
- Drop Off: Drop off an old car or base to the designated drop-off spots at Target inside the store. There should be signs. Hopefully.
- Scan: Open the Target app and scan the code on the box.
- Find: Open your Wallet in the Target App to find your coupon.
- Save: Click the red “+” to save the offer and place your order online, or scan your barcode at the register.
You can bring in any car seat in whatever shape they are in. Target accepts convertible car seats, infant car seats, car seat bases, and harness and booster seats.
The 20% off coupon from Target can be used on car seat, car seat bases, travel stroller systems, high chairs, swings, bouncers, rockers, and play yards.
More Car Seat Trade-In Programs
Wal-Mart Car Seat Trade-In: No Dates at This Time
Wal-Mart joined has joined forces with TerraCycle® to offer a $30 gift card in exchange for your old car seat to put towards a new car seat.
We have not confirmed that Wal-Mart is doing its car seat trade-in program this year. We’ll update this story when we find the dates.
How it works:
- Bring your old car seat to a Wal-Mart Supercenter (find your nearest Upstate area Walmart location).
- Take your car seat to the customer service desk.
- Receive your gift card.
Wal-Mart accepts all car seats of any brand, but not booster seats. There is a limit of two gift cards per household.